What God Has To Say
1. We believe in one God, manifest (revealed) to us, in three persons; The Father, The Son, and The Holy Ghost. God is the center of all life, and being. He is perfect in character, omniscient in power, and holy in nature.
Genesis 1:26, I Peter 1:2, I John 5:7
2. We believe the Bible not only contains the Word of God, but is the very word of God, without error. We further believe that God has providentially preserved His Word for the English speaking world through the King James Bible of 1611, hence is the official text for all teaching and preaching. ( No other God honored version.)
Psalm 12:6-7, Matthew 24:35, Psalm 19:7, Psalm 119:89,
2 Timothy 3:15-17, 1 Peter 1:23-25
3. We believe in the Bible account of creation. God created all matter in six literal days, and rested on the seventh. We reject any and all theories of evolution, as this is contrary not only to Scripture, but also revealed facts of science.
Genesis chapters 1 & 2, 1 John 1:3
4. We believe that man is totally depraved, ( corrupted, void of any spark of holiness ) and as such is completely helpless to reach heaven by any means other than the grace of God, manifested in His Son, Jesus Christ. We believe that salvation is freely offered to " every creature ". We reject any teaching of man's righteousness or works, which gain him admittance into heaven. Salvation was purchased by Christ's Blood, which was shed upon the cross of Calvary.
Ephesians 2:12, Ephesians 2:8-9, Titus 3:5, John 3:16 John 14:6, Acts 4:12, Luke 19:10,
1 Peter 1:18-19, Hebrews 9:22, Mark 16:15
5. We believe that the church of the Bible is a local assembly of scripturally baptized believers, called out, and joined together, in the carrying out of the Great Commission, and in true Bible worship of our Heavenly Father. We believe the church to be Baptist in name, doctrine, faith, and practice. We reject any teaching of a universal, invisible church. We are not a part of, nor do we support any ecumenical movement, and reject the teachings of the modern-day charismatic philosophy, or practice.
Matthew 28:18-20, Acts 2:41-47
We further believe that the Local New Testament Church is;
1. Protected by Christ - Matthew 16:18
2. Attacked by Satan - Matthew 16:18, 1 Peter 5:8
3. To be attended by all the membership -
4. To be supported by all the membership -
I Corinthians 16:1-2, Malachi 3:8-11,
5. To be extended by all the membership in actively
reaching those without Christ.
John 1:41, Acts 1:8, Mark 16:15
6. We believe in a literal Hell, " where the fire is not quenched, and the worm dieth not". Originally, Hell was prepared for the Devil and his angels, but is also the place of eternal punishment for any and all of humanity that rejects salvation, in Jesus Christ.
Luke 16:19-31, Matthew 5:22, Mark 9:43-49,
Matthew 25:41, Revelation 20:14-15
7. We believe in the eternal security of the believer, that once a person is saved, they are saved forever. A salvation that cannot be worked for, cannot be worked at, to keep. Salvation is a "new birth experience", and would be as impossible to become "unsaved" as to be physically "unborn". If a person could lose their salvation, the only way they could be "saved again", would be for Christ to shed His blood "afresh", upon a cross.
John 10:28-30, John 3:1-7, Romans 8:35-39
8. We believe that sin entered into the world, and man's sin is the reason for the need of salvation. Sin not only effects those without Christ, but also effects His children. Sin breaks our fellowship with God, wrecks our testimony, witness, and effectiveness. We believe that sin must be confessed and forsaken, to restore our fellowship with God. Unconfessed sin eventually brings death to anything it infects.
Genesis 3, Isaiah 1:18, Isaiah 59:1-2, James 1:13-16
Romans 6:23, 1 John 1:8-10, Ezekiel 18:20
*** See the lives of ;
Cain - Genesis 4
Achan - Joshua 7
Korah - Numbers 16
Samson - Judges 13-16
David - 2 Samuel 11:1-17
9. We believe in Bible separation. Our daily lives should reveal the salvation that God has freely given to us. We are to be separated from the world in our attitudes, actions, and appearance. The lost of this world must see a difference in our lives, if they are to turn from sin, and receive Christ as Savior, and Lord.
2 Corinthians 6:14, Psalm 1:1, Titus 2:11-15,
1 Peter 1:14-16
10. We believe in two ordinances which Christ gave, to be observed by the Local New Testament Church. They are Baptism, and the Lord's Supper. Baptism is the first step of obedience for that one who has trusted Christ as Savior. It is also the means (along with salvation ) by which one enters into membership and fellowship with that local church. As the New Testament Church is Baptist in both doctrine and practice, we believe that scriptural baptism is Baptist baptism. The Lord's Supper was given by Christ to local churches, to be partaken by those who have been saved, scripturally baptized, and are in fellowship with both the Lord, and the local church. The Lord's Supper, is a time of remembrance, expectation, and self-examination, not to be taken lightly.
Matthew 3:16, Matthew 28:19-20, Acts 2:41,
Matthew 26:26-28, Mark 14:22-24, 1 Corinthians 11:23-30
11. We believe in the pre-millennial, pre-tribulation, second coming of Jesus Christ, commonly called "the rapture". Although we do not know the exact time of His coming, we do know that Jesus Christ will come literally, personally, and suddenly, for the express purpose of receiving His children out of this world. At God's appointed time, Christ will return. Those who have died "in Christ", will rise to meet Him, and all those living (in Christ) shall join them, to meet Christ, in the air. "... and so shall we ever be with the Lord."
John 14:3, Acts 1:11, 1 Corinthians 15, 2 Peter 3:10
Revelation 4:1, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
12. We believe the book of Revelation to be literal in its interpretation, and as such, believe in a literal seven year tribulation period, during which time God will judge the earth, as never before experienced.
Revelation 6-19, Luke 21:20-28
13. We believe in a future judgment for all mankind. The judgment seat of Christ will be that place of judgment for all believers, where we will give an account of our lives, in our service for Christ. We will receive rewards according to our service. The lost will stand before God, at the Great White Throne, where they will be judged out of the Lamb's Book of Life. As their names will not be listed, they will be cast into the Lake of Fire to suffer eternal punishment.
Hebrews 9:27, 1 Corinthians 3:11-16, Matthew 7:21-23
2 Corinthians 5:9-10, Revelation 20:12-15
14. We believe in a literal Heaven, where all those who have trusted Christ for salvation, will live in the presence of God. There, we will serve Him throughout eternity.
Revelation 21 22, John 14:1-6, Psalm 23:6, Revelation 22:3
This, We Believe !